Journey To The End Of The Night is a chase game played across an entire city. It is not unlike a foot race mixed with a scavenger hunt and a game of tag. The course will be approximately 10km and may take 2 to 4 hours to complete (accounting for interference). The finish line will be near a Metro and NightLine station.
Wear comfortable shoes, bring water, possibly a camera and everyone you think you can outrun.
Each player will receive:
- a player ribbon, to wear while being chased
- a chaser ribbon, to wear if caught
- a manifest sheet, to be signed at each checkpoint
- a map of the designated checkpoints
- words of encouragement
Agents will be in disguise at the five checkpoints around the city, waiting to sign players’ manifests as they arrive. At the gathering point, a mediator will give a verbal description of the Agents at the first checkpoint, and so the game begins.
Awards, stories and possibly light refreshments will be presented at the finish line. The finish line location will be in walking distance of at least a Metro station and a few bars.
Your goal is to reach the final checkpoint first with a complete manifest and without being caught by Chasers. You may walk, run, or use public transport.
At each checkpoint you must find an Agent to sign your manifest. These Agents will instruct you on how to identify the Agent at the next checkpoint.
If you are caught (tagged), remove your player ribbon and give it to the Chaser who got you. Put on your chaser ribbon. Your goal now is to catch other players.
- Travel by foot or public transport only– ABSOLUTELY NO CARS, TAXIS, BIKES, SKATEBOARDS, ROCKET PACKS, ETC.
- You must do the checkpoints in order.
- If you arrive at a checkpoint after the checkpoint has closed, you may ask a stranger to sign your manifest.
- Your ribbon must be worn visibly on the upper arm at all times. Hiding your ribbon is considered cheating, and is punishable by death.
- If a chaser tags you, you must surrender your runner's ribbon & put on your chaser's ribbon.
- Only one tag at a time: Chasers cannot tag while exchanging the ribbon.
- In case of game emergency, call Fin!
- In case of medical emergency, call 144!
Safe zones include...
- on board and while boarding public transport
- areas surrounding each checkpoint as designated on your map
- more TBA